He has filmed Beluga, Narwhal, Seals, Walrus and other mammals in the Canadian Arctic, Greenland and Svalbard. In Antarctica, he filmed on Humpback and Minke whales and all members of the Seal family including the Leopard. He has also captured most penguin species, including Emperors, and many invertebrates on film. In the Azores (Faial & San Miguel) he spent four seasons diving with Sperm Whales, and since 1985 he has been diving with Orcas in Norway and became experienced with the whales themselves and the logistics and techniques involved in getting close to them.
Göran’s footage has been used in numerous series and films over the past ten years:
· Archives of Emperor Penguins under water in the Hollywood Production “March of the Penguins” , 2006
· Lord of the Ice, Leopard seals (Discovery/Saint Thomas Productions, 2003)
· What do the Walruses know? (SVT,DR, 2003)
· Wildlife Special-Killer Whales (BBC/Discovery, 2003)
· Hunt for the Red Whale, Killerwhales (Survival, 2003)
· Blue Planet - Frozen Seas (BBC/Discovery, 2002, Narwhal, Walrus & Emperor penguins)
· Toothed Titans (National Geographic, 1999, feeding Walrus sequence)
· White whales & Narwhals chattering of Ghosts (Canal+, 1999)
· Lea the Leopard Seal (Saint Thomas/Canal+, 1998)
· Avaq-The Arctic Toothwalker, Walrus (Scandinature)
· Svalbard-Where the Polar Bears Reign, Walruses (Scandinature)
For his company, Waterproof International in Sweden, Göran is the head-designer of neoprene drysuits, wetsuits and accessories. He has been testing the suits while working as a cameraman in the Polar regions and has designed them with his experiences in mind. The quality and design of the suits have won many Awards for Best Suits all over the world.